There are so many things that you have to prepare if you will go camping with your family. You have to prepare your family tent and food, as well as have to see to it that the area is well illuminated. A bonfire is great, but you can’t bring it with you if you have to go somewhere during the camping.
Solar camping lantern can solve this issue. Looking for the best solar camping lanterns can guarantee that you will have a portable light source during your camping. If you want to find the best one, we listed down three camping lanterns and reviewed them for you.
Best Solar Camping Lanterns
If you don’t have any idea what to look for in a solar camping lantern, there is a big chance you would end up buying the wrong one. It would help if you had at least some ideas of what the camping lantern has to offer.
1. Vont Two-Pack LED Camping Lantern
The Vont Two-Pack LED Camping Lantern is one of the brightest camping lanterns that you can buy in the market right now. It can be used for hiking, backcountry adventures, and more. It is also one of the most popular products of Vont, and quality is guaranteed.
Some of the things you would expect from this product include:
- Military Grade Materials: The Vont LED Camping Lantern is made from lightweight and strong materials that would make sure you can carry it anywhere without stressing your arms while providing amazing durability. It can survive a 10-foot drop without its main components breaking.
- Weatherproof and Waterproof Design: It has IP44 water, dirt, and dust resistance rating, which means that you can use it even under severe weather conditions. Even if it is accidentally submerged underwater or used in the middle of heavy rains, its performance won’t be affected.
- Bright LED Lights: Every lantern has 30 LEDs that will create an incredible 360 degrees light and illuminate large spaces indoors or outdoors.
- Collapsible Design: The Vont Two-Pack LED Camping Lantern is designed to retract and extend, so you can adjust the amount of light and put it out with ease. This feature also guarantees that the lantern will be very efficient and portable as it can be collapsed into a compact package.
- Foldaway Handles: It also features two steel handles at the top so that you can carry it around easily. If the camping lantern needs to be packed and stored, the handles can be folded conveniently.
- Easy to use
- All-weather design
- Superb durability
- CE and ROHs certified
- Lifetime warranty and support
- No energy saving mode to prolong battery life
2. Operkey LED Camping Lantern
The Operkey LED Camping Lantern is one of the best solar camping lanterns that you can use, especially during emergencies. It is perfect for various situations where a portable and reliable light source is needed.
This LED camping lantern offers the following:
- Two-in-One Camping Lantern: The Operkey LED Camping Lantern is a product that you can also use an emergency light source. During camping, you can put it on the ground so that it can illuminate a specific area, or you can hold it on your hand when moving.
- 1800 mA Battery: It includes an 1800 mA battery that can last for up to 10 hours with about 12 LED bulbs. It has an upgraded COB LED that would be able to produce a brighter light compared with normal LEDs.
- Portable and Flexible: Although the Operkey LED Camping Lantern looks big on the image. You can collapse it and make it smaller for storage. It is pretty tiny once folded; it would fit even in a small bag.
- Two Ways of Charging: You can recharge this camping lantern through the latest solar charging method, or you can just recharge it with the use of a charging cable.
- Small and lightweight
- Very flexible
- Durable design
- Can last for 10 hours
- Lifetime guarantee
- Unreliable solar charging
3. SXGINBT Taclight Solar Camping Lantern
The Taclight Solar Camping Lantern is one of the best camping lanterns simply because of its amazing features and affordable price. It is one of the best sellers of Taclight and also one of the most reviewed solar camping lanterns in the market.
This LED light comes with a lot of features, including:
- Bright LED Lights: The LED lights of Taclight Solar Camping Lantern are extremely bright, but won’t hurt your eyes. It features six COB bulbs along with a closed lampshade and aluminum reflective surface that would efficiently illuminate any area.
- Durable and Lightweight Materials: This camping lantern is durable and made from high-quality ABS material. The product is collapsible and waterproof. It has a sturdy outer packaging, and the bulbs can last for up to 100,000 hours, so it is perfect for long term use.
- Cost-Effective and Portable: This camping lantern features a 1200 mAh lithium battery that can be charged fully in three hours. You can use it for about five to 10 hours. It is effortless to carry as it can be collapsed if you want to keep it away.
- Perfect for Emergencies: The Taclight Solar Camping Lantern is perfect for any emergency because it has an input-output charging port that you can use to charge your mobile phones during calamities. If the solar camping lantern is fully charged, you can recharge multiple cellphones in this camping lantern.
- Extremely durable
- Bright LED lights
- Portable and easy to store
- Can recharge your mobile phones during emergencies
- Solar charging is not too reliable
There are tons of solar camping lanterns on the market, but only a few can actually live up to expectations. Having a reliable camping lantern can help you if an emergency arises while you are camping with your family.
Among the three products we reviewed, the Vont Two-Pack LED Camping Lantern is the best of the best because it provides the necessary features that you need from a camping lantern. It is effortless to carry, can provide light for a long time, and durable.